You Are Enough

You Are Enough

I was recently at a Faire.... doing Readings and talking to people. It was different this time. The majority of people came by to tell me how amazing they are..... that they have powerful totem animal guides, are psychics, healers.... and more. I actually wanted to make a sign saying "You are Amazing..... that will be $10." I was kind of shocked. Why would people seek out a practioner, just to proclaim their amazing-ness?  I have seen this in my current classes.... some people attend to get recognition or perhaps endorsement.... not to learn. Or maybe to learn just enough to poach and pass it on ... with no practice, no life style, no mastery.

All of this makes me love my Teachers all the more. I know their history, their practice, their humbleness. The current trend of instant teacher, to me, violates the world of Sacred.... like cheap sex. There is nothing wrong with cheap sex, or sport sex...... as long as you call it what it is.... not package it as love or an intimate relationship.  The saddest part is encounters with instant teachers turn so many away from Spirituality and Sacredness. "Oh I tried meditation and I didn't get any thing from it"--- yes but with whom?  People who encounter instant teachers are let down and disappointed with the experience and then give up on Spirituality and go back to drinking, weed, or just living an earth plane life. So much damage is done.

I am a perpetual student......I prefer to be a student. I have been pushed (many times over the decades of my life) into teaching positions. In most cases I spent years crying after classes, sure that somehow it was a mistake that I was in front of a class. I am astounded by the current traffic of self proclaimed teachers. I recently heard some stories of people telling me, "oh yeah... my friend came to your class (one or two times) and taught me......" naming something the person did in my current classes. Wow. Try something a few times, not even being very good at it, then turn around and "teach" someone else.  Now I understand why the teachers in my era forbid sharing their information...... mentioning the karma that would create.  What used to be sacred in the past, the teachings from a Teacher, is now being pandered to appease or boost a newbie's or a wannabe's ego.

This trend is not confined to spirituality, it is true in many fields. Myself, and others I respect, have dropped out of the "horse whisperer" industry because of the take over by inexperienced "wannabes."  Life Coach, Reiki Master, Intuitive...... followed by any other word..... even therapist,  have become instant teacher fields, and there are many many others. This leads me to believe this is an era.  It has taught me to get stronger about boundaries, to protect my self, and those that study with me.  It has taught me to treasure the Sacred as it is rarer than ever.  I have so much respect for those true Teachers living through this era. Those that walk the walk. There is little recognition for them as publicity, social media and self proclaimed "greatness" rule the day.

If the work with someone feels a little bit empty, keep searching. If the teacher seems flawless, well presented, too good to be true, that is probably the truth-- too good to be true. If you see the shortcomings, the humanity of your Teacher or Healer, that can be a virtue of authenticity. No one is perfect. I prefer to know the challenges my Teachers have had to work through. That builds my trust.... no secrets, no polished presentation. If you meet a teacher/healer that smokes, drinks, is unhealthy, etc.,  you get to decide how that measures up to their declarations of having a "gift." Personally, I don't care how talented one is. Talent is cheap. Practice what you preach (health, balance, treating the body as a temple etc) is a priority for me. Don't overlook what you observe or feel when looking for a teacher/healer. Don't sugar coat or ignore red flags. Make sure you know and respect your own priorities. 

If you get angry or offended by someone you work with, you might look at that as a good sign..... cheap sex and cheap teaching/healing want you to feel good so you keep coming back. Profound work will always, at some point, challenge you. Growth includes clearing, loss, pain, and then gain.  Your Teacher is not your friend. That is a different relationship. Your Teacher loves you enough to help you grow, and is willing to risk your anger and rejection, and is not concerned with cultivating your praise and adoration. Authentic work will encourage you to learn to feel good on your own and will give you the tools to do so, not make you a healing or psychic reading junkie.

Share what you are learning. Share your Gifts.  Be humble.  Let Spirit decide your destiny. Don't declare your destiny from your ego. Bring what you know and practice to your family, friends and any earth plane work you need to do as part of your soul evolution in this lifetime, be it being a mom or a clerk.

There is nothing more spectacular than the authentic Sacred Energies of being Connected and Guided. Don't settle for cheap sex if you are looking for something more.

Journey On.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trauma Bonding in Friendships

Wong Loh (Huang-Lao): The Teacher

The Wounded Vulnerable Narcissist