Perfect imperfection

I went to see my Teacher (a Spirit entity that comes to us via a  human man). First I have to say I never thought I would be the kind of person to have a "teacher"!! I am so unconventional at times, and inconsistent, and I think I am an extra-terrestrial. My Teacher, a Being,  has had a profound impact on my life and I think I would not have had the courage to do the Spiritual work and Readings I offer, or have had strength to follow the guidance given to me from Spirit without this Teacher "standing" with me. And given what a pain I can be. I  have so much gratitude for the patience, humor and compassion any Teacher needs to have when standing by and for a chela (a spiritual pupil). My Teacher has loved me when I could not love myself, and has believed in me when I have given up on me. And has taught me the reality of the protection and guidance I have from Spirit.  I hope I can be for some, what my Teacher has been for me.

So this weekend we heard about weaknesses and some ideas were sparkling jewels that I have to share as they helped me so much.

We come into this world with weaknesses and faults.  That is WHY we come here. To be in a body so we can experience imperfection. We cannot experience imperfection as a spirit or a ball of energy or as an angel etc. Imperfection implies movement, growth, evolution. Once one is perfect, well.... that is the end of that particular adventure.  We choose our weakness and faults. We choose them with Guidance before we come here and we choose them to have experiences that will help us grow and evolve as a Soul.  Therefore our faults and weaknesses are perfect !  They are perfect for our growth and evolution as a Soul..... not necessarily to get what we want as a human with our teeny tiny human intelligence (compared to Spirit, Higher Power, Creator, etc).

The second part of this idea is that the weaknesses and faults we choose to experience in the human form do not go away in this lifetime. We are meant to overcome them, not to purge them !  A lifetime of overcoming weaknesses and faults gives us a depth of compassion, patience and humor  (for ourselves as well as others) that banishment would not supply.  Furthermore, as we are strive to rise above our shortcomings, we are driven to continue to find guidance strength and solace in Spiritual sources.  We humans quickly tend to abandon our Spiritual Practice the moment life gets "good"  (meaning we are getting what we want in terms of material things or situations in our earth life). 

A lifetime of rising above our weaknesses produces a Spiritual discipline that few of us would pursue if life was a bowl of cherries all the time. That Spiritual discipline is our key to eternal evolution (as opposed to a job promotion or getting the perfect mate which are examples of human desires but have little to do with Soul evolution). Spiritual practices not only help us evolve in Eternity, they also change the quality of our human life, teaching us to have courage and to live in joy, and serenity no matter what challenges we face on earth in our human life-- not an easy accomplishment !

We can embrace our faults and weaknesses and thank our Higher Self and Spirit for setting up such a complex and perfect scenario via our human life that allows us the opportunity to become bigger and better than we already are. Without challenge, we don't change. Without a workout, we don't have muscle development. Without study, we don't learn new thinking. Without love, we don't take risks. Without faults and weaknesses, we wouldn't evolve beyond our wildest dreams. Love your weaknesses. They are your personal trainers that make you go to the gym and keep you going to the gym of your Evolution.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trauma Bonding in Friendships

Wong Loh (Huang-Lao): The Teacher

The Wounded Vulnerable Narcissist